What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Nep Pitcher!!!

tommyr

Gardening freak!
I bought and saved a Nepenthes from a local garden center this spring and it FINALLY is producing pitchers!!! Can someone ID it, there was no tag on the plant but I suspect ALATA or Ventricosa?

Thanks!

Tom

Nep_pItcher2006.jpg

oh boy this is gonna be tough..... its not ventricosa the pitchers are too funnel shape. so its either alata or the hybrid of ventricosa and alata.....Ventrata. roght now i rely cant tell nor will anyone else for sure. but odds are it is Ventrata. congrats on your new pitcher. my ventrata is finally making a pitcher... and i got it in november!!! my ventricosa is also making some.
Alex

Local garden centre...i'd say ventrata

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Aug. 06 2006,12:41)]oh boy this is gonna be tough..... its not ventricosa the pitchers are too funnel shape. so its either alata or the hybrid of ventricosa and alata.....Ventrata. roght now i rely cant tell nor will anyone else for sure. but odds are it is Ventrata. congrats on your new pitcher. my ventrata is finally making a pitcher... and i got it in november!!! my ventricosa is also making some.
Alex
Alex thank you for replying!

Tom

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jorick @ Aug. 06 2006,1:09)]Local garden centre...i'd say ventrata
Sounds like you folks agree, this was a local well know garden center in our area, not Home Depot or Lowes. I was surprised because they normally just carry your normal 'typical' VFTs. This Nep was BONE DRY when I bought it too. It's doing great!

Thanks again!

Tom

Hey Tom congrats on the first pitcher! I remember the excitement too! Ventrata is always a great plant, but beware, now that you have the bug this might happen to you:
DCP_1020.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Aug. 06 2006,3:27)]Hey Tom congrats on the first pitcher!  I remember the excitement too!  Ventrata is always a great plant, but beware, now that you have the bug this might happen to you:
DCP_1020.jpg
You say that like it was a BAD thing!

smile_m_32.gif

Tom

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommyr @ Aug. 06 2006,7:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Aug. 06 2006,3:27)]Hey Tom congrats on the first pitcher! I remember the excitement too! Ventrata is always a great plant, but beware, now that you have the bug this might happen to you:
DCP_1020.jpg
You say that like it was a BAD thing!

smile_m_32.gif

Tom
for your wallet...yes
smile_m_32.gif

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! My wallet is screaming to get put back in the pocket at times.

How many plants do you have there? How do you water all them? That's real nice.

Back