User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10

Thread: My first Nep Pitcher!!!

  1. #1
    Gardening freak! tommyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley of N.Y.
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought and saved a Nepenthes from a local garden center this spring and it FINALLY is producing pitchers!!! Can someone ID it, there was no tag on the plant but I suspect ALATA or Ventricosa?

    Thanks!

    Tom

    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes


    This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

  2. #2
    Always a newbie glider14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh boy this is gonna be tough..... its not ventricosa the pitchers are too funnel shape. so its either alata or the hybrid of ventricosa and alata.....Ventrata. roght now i rely cant tell nor will anyone else for sure. but odds are it is Ventrata. congrats on your new pitcher. my ventrata is finally making a pitcher... and i got it in november!!! my ventricosa is also making some.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

  3. #3
    jorick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local garden centre...i'd say ventrata

  4. #4
    Gardening freak! tommyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley of N.Y.
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Aug. 06 2006,12:41)]oh boy this is gonna be tough..... its not ventricosa the pitchers are too funnel shape. so its either alata or the hybrid of ventricosa and alata.....Ventrata. roght now i rely cant tell nor will anyone else for sure. but odds are it is Ventrata. congrats on your new pitcher. my ventrata is finally making a pitcher... and i got it in november!!! my ventricosa is also making some.
    Alex
    Alex thank you for replying!

    Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes


    This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

  5. #5
    Gardening freak! tommyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley of N.Y.
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jorick @ Aug. 06 2006,1:09)]Local garden centre...i'd say ventrata
    Sounds like you folks agree, this was a local well know garden center in our area, not Home Depot or Lowes. I was surprised because they normally just carry your normal 'typical' VFTs. This Nep was BONE DRY when I bought it too. It's doing great!

    Thanks again!

    Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes


    This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

  6. #6
    Neps, Neps, Neps.........
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    436
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tom congrats on the first pitcher! I remember the excitement too! Ventrata is always a great plant, but beware, now that you have the bug this might happen to you:

  7. #7
    Gardening freak! tommyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley of N.Y.
    Posts
    902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Aug. 06 2006,3:27)]Hey Tom congrats on the first pitcher! I remember the excitement too! Ventrata is always a great plant, but beware, now that you have the bug this might happen to you:
    You say that like it was a BAD thing!



    Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes


    This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

  8. #8
    Always a newbie glider14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    3,956
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (tommyr @ Aug. 06 2006,7:34)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Aug. 06 2006,3:27)]Hey Tom congrats on the first pitcher! I remember the excitement too! Ventrata is always a great plant, but beware, now that you have the bug this might happen to you:
    You say that like it was a BAD thing!



    Tom
    for your wallet...yes
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •