What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some nep pics

Here are some pics of my nep's latest pitchers.

N. x 'Judith Finn':

finn19.jpg

Still not quite fully developed, but it still looks awesome!

finn20.jpg

N. fusca 'Sarawak':

fusca7.jpg

fusca8.jpg

fusca9.jpg

fusca10.jpg

The colors in the throat look like they were hand-painted.

-Ben

Nice plants. But judging by the color of the pitcher of the Judith Finn, I think you should put them in a sunnier location.

Oh, it just opened yesterday. It hasn't colored up yet.

-Ben

Nice pitchers on your N. x 'Judith Finn'. Mine is finally starting to pitcher again after sulking for more than a year after I forgot to water it one time to many and then transplanted it to a larger pot so that it wouldn't need watered as often.

Thanks guys. I'm actually thinking of repotting my N. x 'Judith Finn', but since it's been in that same soil for about 4 years, I want to try to get as much of it off the roots as I can. Or should I not worry about this? Since it doesn't seem to mind growing in that old peat.

-Ben

I re-potted my N. x 'Judith Finn' last month and since then it has exploded with growth. I would recommend a bigger pot with some fresh soil if you have the room. You don't have to worry to much about getting all the old soil off, new roots will grow into the fresh media quickly. I need to post a picture of mine, maybe later tonight.
-Nick

Great looking plants Ben. Man, I can't believe the size of that Judith Finn pitcher!

Oh and Nick, it would be great to see a picture of your plant as well.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Nick, it would be cool to see your nep, for some reason there aren't many pics of N. x 'Judith Finn'.

-Ben

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Aug. 14 2006,12:02)]Man, I can't believe the size of that Judith Finn pitcher!
That's just a seedling pitcher. Wait till it reaches maturity. By mid fall the pitchers on mine reach around 17 inches.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (philcula @ Aug. 14 2006,6:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Aug. 14 2006,12:02)]Man, I can't believe the size of that Judith Finn pitcher!
That's just a seedling pitcher. Wait till it reaches maturity. By mid fall the pitchers on mine reach around 17 inches.
*jaw drops to ground*

Is 17 inches really that impressive? Go to exoticaplants.com.au and then your jaw will get permanetly dislocated.

You'll think so some day when you've grown one that big!

Unfortunately, my plant is beginning to get too big for my tank!

-Ben

Nice plants !

17 inches is a freakin huge pitcher!!! Mine just produced a 5" pitcher and I'm pretty impressed with it as it is only growing in a 4" pot.
P1010719.jpg

Whoa, that's really nice. It looks a lot like mine, cept bigger.

-Ben

Ok, here's an update:

finn21.jpg

-Ben

Back