Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New N. hamata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Aug. 23 2006,6:45)]
    Those spots still worry me. I have N. hamata that get red flushing from light but never spots. The spots in your photo look sunken too.. which is NOT a good sign.
    The last batch of over 40 N. hamata I got from the same source were loaded with Cercospora.. They had long brown stems where a lot of old leaves had been cut and just a few green leaves at the top.
    Hi Tony,
    there must be a mixup.
    I did never ship you 40 N. hamata plants and never had an issue with Cercospora.
    My cultures are inspected frequently without any complaints from the agricultural dept over the last years.
    This plants had no spots when I shipped it and I feel it looks quite ok considering it has just arrived from a far journey. I guess the spots are the result of water condensation during shipping and are slight signs of rot as a consequence. Not nice but absolutely nothing to worry about if not worse.
    As with all the plants I ship I replace them if there is any loss or serious damage during shipping, of cause. So, if it gets worse there is nothing, Cindy has to worry about - the plant gets replaced or refunded. Right now, I'm sure the plant quickly recovers and grows nicely if the growing conditions are nice.
    All the best
    Andreas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andreas, you have misunderstood Tony.

When he said:
    Quote[/b] ]The last batch of over 40 N. hamata I got from the same source were loaded with Cercospora..
    ...he was refering to another source. If you read the thread again, I mentioned that the plants came from you only after his post to clarify that his 40 plants and my plants were not from the same source.

I have faith that the plants were shipped out in good condition and was not looking at finding fault with them. I was just trying to learn more about neps and transport shock in general. My sincere apologies to both of you should my concern of the plants cause any misunderstanding.

*I have edited my previous post to remove any possible comparison with other nurseries.

Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Aug. 24 2006,6:00)]Andreas, you have misunderstood Tony.

When he said:
    Quote[/b] ]The last batch of over 40 N. hamata I got from the same source were loaded with Cercospora..
    ...he was refering to another source. If you read the thread again, I mentioned that the plants came from you only after his post to clarify that his 40 plants and my plants were not from the same source.

I have faith that the plants were shipped out in good condition and was not looking at finding fault with them. I was just trying to learn more about neps and transport shock in general. My sincere apologies to both of you should my concern of the plants cause any misunderstanding.

*I have edited my previous post to remove any possible comparison with other nurseries.
    Dear Cindy,
    no problem - don't worry.
    If the plant does not recover nicely, please let me know and I'll take care of that.
    All the best and good growing
    Andreas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Andreas. I must say that the plants of a good-size to begin with so I am sure they have a good chance of doing well.
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Andreas! I was purposely trying to avoid names as I know Cindy had in the past acquired plants from a different company that has gone downhill significantly with Nepenthes in the past couple years. My mistake thinking there were from the same place initially and not checking first. You will note I mentioned I have had good success with your plants but it was not surprising that the plants I normally get from you are the high demand plants and hence tend to be on the smaller less established side and do take a while to establish and put on some size. I also mentioned that in my experience with international shipping, N. hamata is one of the more picky plants and frequently shows problems with pathogens from the ordeal. They absolutely hate being packed into airtight damp baggies for a prolonged period!

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123