Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Campanulata about to flower!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All!
    I'm Melly, MrAga's friend!
    I have a male campanulata in flower!!!! 10 cm!
    I can send the fresh pollen when the flowers are opened in exchange for a part of future seeds!
    if someone is interested contacts me (dannata_@hotmail.com) or MrAga
    chhers
    Melly
    Melly

http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/viewforum.aspx?f=31012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donn - Have you used the pollen from that plant before and successfully gotten seeds? I ask because hybrids have a chance of being sterile, and the more complex the hybrid, the greater the chance.

I've tried twice to pollinate this camp, and twice failed (grrrr), so I'm not going to take any unnecessary chances. If you have successfully used the pollen, I will keep you in mind.

Mr. Aga & Melly (welcome to the forums, Melly!) - I just thought of something....I don't know what the laws are regarding importing pollen. I'll see what I can find out (I do have some import paperwork) about that. Might be fine.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a male thorelii x aristolochioides that seems to be at about the same state of development as your campanulata. I can't even imagine what that cross might look like, but bizarre certainly does come to mind.
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Aug. 30 2006,9:11)]Donn - Have you used the pollen from that plant before and successfully gotten seeds? I ask because hybrids have a chance of being sterile, and the more complex the hybrid, the greater the chance.

I've tried twice to pollinate this camp, and twice failed (grrrr), so I'm not going to take any unnecessary chances. If you have successfully used the pollen, I will keep you in mind.
    Hi Schloaty,

No ive never pollinated anything with my northiana X veitchii X Tiveyi before, this is the first time its ever flowered. I can understand your fertility concerns, hopefully you can get fresh campanulata pollen,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Donn, I think my (northiana X veitchii) X Tiveyi may be getting ready to bloom. If its female and the timing is right we could try making an f2 of this. (A lot of ifs, but something to keep in mind).
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man...
    frontiers do cause a lot of problems...not even pollen can be send trough post service?
    Listen..I got seeds sent trough post service and I did not have problems.
    Since the chances that they will open a letter is very low...can we valuate the risk simply to send the pollen as a standard plastified letter? It has pratically no volume at all!
    Let me know!
    Because...you can never know...maybe one day I may ask you to have a piece of your campanulata for myself,ehehe!
    Bye!
    Mr_Aga
    Milan - Italy
    Mr_Aga
    http://www.piantecarnivore.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (srduggins @ Aug. 30 2006,1:58)]Hey Donn, I think my (northiana X veitchii) X Tiveyi may be getting ready to bloom. If its female and the timing is right we could try making an f2 of this. (A lot of ifs, but something to keep in mind).
    If your plant is female and they are in flower at the same time id love to try and make an f2 cross!!!, be sure to let me know if its a female and ill keep you up to date on my plants progress.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that seeds are OK to ship internationally, and if that's the case, I can't see why pollen wouldn't be too. Best luck with your crosses, everyone - I can't wait until I get my Neps up to flowering size. This year I got to make Sarr hybrids for the first time, and I'm really excited about them, but I like Neps even more.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast