Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice about outside growing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

i started growing nep since, well.

1 grade ele. at s.korea (im south korean)

and i came to usa at 2005 feb and didnt

really know what was nep. then i saw a

site named nepenthesaroundthehouse

and started growing..

i would love some nice advice (any kind)

for outside growing..

thanks!
    does anybody have a N. tentaculata?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    Ahn-yung. Im korean too. I was born in the US but Im still korean. Well nice to see I'm not the only korean growing neps here. Well, the only advice I have to say is slowly adjust them to full sun if you want the best results. And keep them under some clear plastic wrap to keep humidity and then slowy cut the bag open until the plant is accustomed to the outside humidity. Keep doing this until all your plants are accustomed to the temps, humidity, and the sunlight of wherever you live. Also, highlanders need a drop of temp at night so just letting you know that. Well thats about it, oh and also, if the winters get pretty cold (i.e. lower than 60's or so) then bring them in for winter and then grow them back outside when the temps rise again. Okay thats it for me. Jahl-jah-lu!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i grow N. ventricosa in a hanging basket, outside, with a tree shading it from full sun. its pitchering. our humidity is around 70% and temps in the summer get up to 90's!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried growing Neps (ventrata & Judith Finn) outside. I started them off under the porch, so they got "brght shade". A week later I moved them 2', to the under the eaves. Major mistake. It was still too much sun too fast. I ended up killing 2 of them and setting the rest back for a few weeks. I moved them to hanging in bushes, where they slowly recovered.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forums!

I grow my 3 N. ventricosa outside during the summer. Since my N. ventricosa have been very hardy, I don't mess with getting them adapted to the light, I just hang them in an apple tree were they have bright indirect light most of the day. The temps here the center of Colorado don't usually get much above 90F/32.2C so that helps also. I have to bring them in for late fall and winter.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to be kidding me?! Ventricosas out in the middle of Colorado?!?! How does it cope with the low humidity? This is big news for me!
    VFT's to offer here===>http://www.phongvft.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neps dont have to have a lot of humidity. This is a common misconception. They just need to be watered very well and the humidity around the plant will automatically raise by itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Colorado is very dry. And wouldn't wind blow away the humidity generated by the watered soil of the plant?
    VFT's to offer here===>http://www.phongvft.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast