What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked Nepenthes!

So a couple days ago I received my first nepenthes in the mail from California Carnivores - a ventricosa. It had two pitchers on it. One of them looked fully mature except for the lid being closed, while the other looked like a baby.

I was horrified to find a crack in the mature one. Here's a pic:
dscn0579yf4.jpg

I was very careful in handling the thing when I got it so I doubt I cracked it in excitement.. but whatever the case, do you guys think that it will survive? and is there anything I can do to help it out? Seems like the victims would be able to escape out of there .. and it's not like human skin where it'll just patch itself up. Sigh, so sad.

NOO!!!!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
The plant is doomed!!!! You just wasted money and the pitcher is cracked!!!!
smile_h_32.gif
Its pretty much screwed. J/k. Dont worry, the plant wont die but the pitcher might. It'll grow new ones. Dont worry.

Haha alright that's what I thought, thanks. I'm just impatient and anxious. I wanted to see a fully mature pitcher slaughtering insects before the plant goes dormant =\

neps dont gop dormant. they are tropical

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Krakilin @ Sep. 17 2006,4:31)]Haha alright that's what I thought, thanks. I'm just impatient and anxious. I wanted to see a fully mature pitcher slaughtering insects before the plant goes dormant =\
Hehe, don't hold your breath for an action scene
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 17 2006,1:36)]neps dont gop dormant. they are tropical
sweet!! I read that on some site but I was hesitant to believe it. awesome stuff!

LOL and about the action scene.. my brother and I once sat in our backyard and watched flies just fall into my Sarracenia like crazy.. sometimes you get lucky!

hey, it's cool. I watch my U. livida for entertainment.

If you keep that nep warm and humid and well fed it'll grow like an action scene. N. ventricosa is great in that way.

Peter

Back