User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cracked Nepenthes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a couple days ago I received my first nepenthes in the mail from California Carnivores - a ventricosa. It had two pitchers on it. One of them looked fully mature except for the lid being closed, while the other looked like a baby.

I was horrified to find a crack in the mature one. Here's a pic:

I was very careful in handling the thing when I got it so I doubt I cracked it in excitement.. but whatever the case, do you guys think that it will survive? and is there anything I can do to help it out? Seems like the victims would be able to escape out of there .. and it's not like human skin where it'll just patch itself up. Sigh, so sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOO!!!!!!!! The plant is doomed!!!! You just wasted money and the pitcher is cracked!!!! Its pretty much screwed. J/k. Dont worry, the plant wont die but the pitcher might. It'll grow new ones. Dont worry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha alright that's what I thought, thanks. I'm just impatient and anxious. I wanted to see a fully mature pitcher slaughtering insects before the plant goes dormant =\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neps dont gop dormant. they are tropical
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Krakilin @ Sep. 17 2006,4:31)]Haha alright that's what I thought, thanks. I'm just impatient and anxious. I wanted to see a fully mature pitcher slaughtering insects before the plant goes dormant =\
    Hehe, don't hold your breath for an action scene

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 17 2006,1:36)]neps dont gop dormant. they are tropical
    sweet!! I read that on some site but I was hesitant to believe it. awesome stuff!

LOL and about the action scene.. my brother and I once sat in our backyard and watched flies just fall into my Sarracenia like crazy.. sometimes you get lucky!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, it's cool. I watch my U. livida for entertainment.

If you keep that nep warm and humid and well fed it'll grow like an action scene. N. ventricosa is great in that way.

Peter
    the cellist