What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rare neps

i really didn't get to kow any rare neps

like some victorian hybrid

can you tell me some rare neps

that doesn't have a lot of articles about it.

I don't understand the question, but here are some victorian hybrids:

N. x Intermedia
N. x Dormanniana
N. x Dominii
N. x Mixta
N. x Dyeriana
N. x Coccinea
N. x Wrigleyana
N. x Masterians
N. x Tiveyi
N. x Hookeriana
N. x Wittei

These are French:
N. x lecouflei
N. x 'Ill de France'
N. x 'Ville de Rouen'

Missouri Botanical Garden cultivars created by George H. Pring. All three are N. [(rafflesiana a hirsuta) x (rafflesiana x ampullaria)] x (rafflesiana x hirsuta). They are called N. x 'Lieutenant R. B. Pring', N. x 'St. Louis', and N. x 'Henry Shaw'. They were made between 1918-1956 and no one grows them anymore, so that might be what you'r looking for.

jacquelineae x izumae

the second page has a bit of its history............granted its only been around a couple years but try finding one
smile_n_32.gif

try N. edwardsiana, N. Klossii and N. Mollis for rare species. and also N. x Trusmadiensis.
Alex

No one knows what N. mollis pitchers look like (they could be vestigial!). They could be fantastic beyond belief or.... really boring and dull as dishwater.

Why doesn't one of the CP "celebrities" go and find one?

actually. recently i think someone has found them. i cant remember where i heard this( ill look it up) but i think they said they look like N. Maxima pitchers. i could be wrong...
Alex

theres nepenthes X edinensis that i grow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Sep. 27 2006,5:19)]actually. recently i think someone has found them. i cant remember where i heard this( ill look it up) but i think they said they look like N. Maxima pitchers. i could be wrong...
Alex
Maxima? All my hopes and dreams just went down the crapper
smile.gif

nope! apparently it is very closely related to the fantastic looking N. Harrilina(spelling? its like fusca but has a HUGE and tall persimtone). your dreams are still here Clint!!
Alex

Do you mean Nepenthes Hurrelliana?

It's no N. edwardsiana but it'll do
smile.gif

true true. it still is fantastic looking!

Hi all:

rare neps well,

N. angasanensis
N. vogellii
N. klosii
N. treubiana
N. doorman's top 1
N. doorman's top 2 (N. papuana)
N. neoguineensis
N. adrianii

etc.

Gus

if you mean ones that are just hard to find... (at least in America)

lamii, jacquelineae, platychila, sp. 1 and 2 sumatra, spec. nov. sumatra, lavicola, rigidifolia, northiana (until just recently)

thats all i can think of right now

Back