Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grow tank better for Hamata?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a pic of your hamata and the set-up?

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    phissionkorps makes a good point about what works for one person..........

JMurphy97,
    From what I've read, small N. hamatas do not like humidity fluctuations. I do not know if this is really true or not as my plant was much larger then yours when I got it. It might have been around 5" across.
    If my plant was small like yours, I personally would not take any chances and try to have a stable environment till the plant gets larger.
    Either I'm very lucky with my growing area or neps are much tougher then many people give them credit for. Most currently grow as windowsill plants, and the ones in the terrarium now will move outside when larger.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve: if you ever get cuttings from your windowsil Hamata, look me up cause ill be interested!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pretty sure hamata got labled as a difficult plant because young plants are fairly tender. after reading a bunch on ppls plants it seems they become quite hardy once they reach a certain size. ive almost lost my lil guy a couple times but it is going strong now. i dont plan on weaning it out of his ziplock for another 6 months yet though. and once its bigger i dont plan on treating it any different than my other neps as i dont think it will need babying
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a month or two settling in, I find. N. hamata grows fairly quickly. The RH runs 50-60% in the daytime, up to 90+% at night. They seem to do well with bright light and plenty of air movement. Daytime high temp is around 80F, night drops to between 60 and 50F, depending on season.
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." - Pancho Villa, last words.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12