Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photographs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more questions: (if you don't mind, that is!)

1) How many watts of lighting do you have on that tank? From the pictures it looks like you use 4 of those 4-foot shoplight fixtures.

2) What's that small bit of lighting down at the bottom of your tank? Another terrarium?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few questions my self, did you seal the wood, I think I want to try building something like that! I would like more information, did you make that or did you buy it ? ON the top is their glass/plexi glass covering it or is itjust open with the lights on their? How much heat do those lights generate, what is the average temperature in the set up. Happy neps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lleopardggecko:
    I use 6 4 ft. fluorescent fixtures. That's 480 watts total, I think. So much light is necessary since the lights are 3 ft. above some of the shorter plants. There is a small terrarium for seedlings and small true highlanders that can't tolerate major condition flucuations. Right now it's just Drosera seedlings.

nepenthes_ak
    I did seal the wood with many, many coats of polyurethane. Even so, I may have to refinish again sometime. It is a homemade tank. There is a plexiglass covering between the tank and the lights. I have removed the ballasts from several fixtures to try and minimize heat transfer, but the tank is so large that heat isn't much of a problem.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome Ill have to rember that.

thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12