Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many watts for neps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cut them back
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    400W seems just about enough for my Neps... Then again I have no mercy on them and they have no mercy on my wallet.

As previously mentioned, compact fluorescents would be my first choice after HIDs.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you put it by a window it can overheat with no airflow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked at the store and the guy showed me some CF's but they are just like regular bulbs. Can someone show me what I should be looking for? What do they look like. Any pics?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are what your looking for. Compact florecents screw into regular light fixtures and the balasts are built into the bulbs base. They normaly look like a curly florecent tube on top of a pretty large base. They normaly run about 4 to 5 bucks for a single bulb. They are better to buy in bulk. They had 6 for 10 or 15 bucks here at lowes I can't remember exactly. Personaly even if I was setting up a larger tank I would use several CFs. That way if one blows there are still others to keep going. I need a new one for my ten gallon, but I have to warn you a ten gallon tank will get filled pretty fast! Why not go for a 20 long or some other type tank. I went with a ten because it was free. LOL
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to use a 10 because I have like 5 empty right now. I have my ball python in a 20 long for now. I will build a new cage for him soon and then I will use that. The one said it was 23 watts but it equals a 100 watts. how many 23's should I use? I then also need a dome light too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really cannot use too many, but you can use too few. I would say use two for a ten. Or you might be able to get three if you build your own top for it.

Why don't you build a rack to slide a rubbermade tub into. You use the rack for the top to keep it closed and it slides in and out for ease of opening and cleaning. Get yourself some flexwatt and a thermastate to heat the tub from below. That is the best thing I did for my two BPs. Speaking of BPs it is about to be breeding time. I need to read up on it again! If you need to see what I did just let me know and I will post some pictures. I am about to have to build an incubator for the eggs I am sure I will get. I have extra flexwatt I plan to use. I just need to get another thermastat. www.ball-pythons.net is a forum dedicated to BPs and has alot of good info. That is were I got my plans for the rack system I built and use today. Also where I found a supplier for flexwatt and thermastat too.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you post some pics? Is the rubbermade for your plants or snakes? I'm not sure on how to set-up the lights for the plants. Two bulbs in two different domes right. Would that just give the plants under each bulb the 23(100) watts or will it go for all the plants in the tank? I need to see some set-ups using CF's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast