Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many watts for neps?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Build a square top and mount light holders on the sides. Use like 1 x 4's or 1 x 6's if you can find them to make a rectangle lid. Then you have the insides of that to mount the light fixtures you can purchase for a few bucks at walmart. Just the plain jain screw in light pixtures. The old school ones with the pull chain. You know the deal. You use the 1 bys to make a rectangle big enough for the tanks then put some 1/4 inch or something like that for a top then line it with foil. Then get yourself an orange 14 gauge extention cord and cut off a good length with the plug end on it so you have a way to plug it up and connect black to black white to white and green to green with the fixtures using wirenuts. The tape and it should work provided you have the pull chains in the on position.

As for the rubbermade tubs those are for my snakes.

Here is a picture of the setup. The snakes are seperated since they live solitary in the wild unless mating. I used the tall tubs, but most breeders and other herp keepers use the short version of the long tubs. The ones that fit under the bed. I used MDF to make this 1/2 inch, but if I had to do it again I would use 3/4 inch. 1/2 inch is to flexable, but it works.

I now have heavy dog bowls for hides over the warm area of the tank. I just took a jig saw and cut out the opening and files it smooth. They normaly stay in the hides like BPs stay hidden in the wild.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I don't know if it makes a difference, but I tend to use bulbs that have a color temp. of 5000k-5500k.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just gonna put the tank on it's side and put the lights on top of the glass above the plants. I thought that would be the easiest and simplest way to do it. I'm not that good of a builder and messing with wires and all that. I then was gonna but them on times for about what 14-16 hours? Would the light be too close to the plants? Would it be ok to go through the glass?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lights would not be too close to the plants. Like I posted, I had a very similar setup in which I successfully grew many different CPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my bulbs today. They are bright. I have two 23 watt CF bulbs. The color temp is 6000k. They say on the package "natural sunlight" or something like that. I'm going to get a headache being by them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123