Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N. x "Black Dragon" and x "Sabre"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same thing too about "Sabre" that it would have some ventricosa in it but the other parents i don't have no clue about. I think it helps a lot if any one would post more pic of the black dragon or the sabre cuz i tried to find pic and ended with the same pic that exotica posted on their website. It is really hard to find similarity with only one pic and one side.
    We can go for days without food, but we can't pass 5 minutes without air. REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Trouble breathing? Let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooooo its like the twilight zone!!!! Its sad, it might be a trade secret but it should still be registered somewhere, So if the nursery goes broke a piece of science wont be missing for all eternity. Thats like producing a giant venus fly trap and never ever being able to know where it came from.... Its agrivating
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthes around the house has a pic of the izumiae x truncata but it looks different then the X "black dragon". Who was it that made the predator? You would think they would want to keep that to themselves if it's about the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the peristome morphology and pitcher coloration of all the Dragons. They all include a distinct point in the middle of the bottom of the peristome. Using "retrosynthetic" means, the only species that comes to my mind that posesses that trait that strongly, and passes it along to its hybrids, is N. veitchii. Compare a truncata*veitchii with the Black Dragon; similar pitcher morphology. Now, as for the color...its almost black with a green mottled with black spots interior. What species posses that trait that strongly? N. ramispina. Seeing as its exotica, and they make complicated hybrids, I wouldn't doubt that it is ((truncata x veitchii) x ramispina), or some permutation of the aformentioned combination. Thats what it is in my mind anyway haha...
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok after going to exotica and went through all the hybrid pic, amazingly i found 2 exact pic for the 2 dragons. Srduggins was right on the 2 dragons, the "Marbled Dragon" was a cross between the maxima-dark and the truncata. The "Red Dragon" was a cross between thorelii(D) and the truncata© that they. Ok two down, 2 more to go.
    We can go for days without food, but we can't pass 5 minutes without air. REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Trouble breathing? Let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (huy716 @ Oct. 13 2006,3:18)]Ok after going to exotica and went through all the hybrid pic, amazingly i found 2 exact pic for the 2 dragons. Srduggins was right on the 2 dragons, the "Marbled Dragon" was a cross between the maxima-dark and the truncata. The "Red Dragon" was a cross between thorelii(D) and the truncata© that they. Ok two down, 2 more to go.
    I did the same thing and the 'Black Dragon' is izumae x truncata. The picture is a mirror between the two
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. 'Jungle Bells'

is it N. ventricosa x sibuyannesis? they look very similar....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered a black dragon. I wonder just how large that plant will get with its truncata background...
    Updated Growlist!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast