What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

temperature for highlands

• Thread starter CPsInAtl
  • Start date
Out of curiousity, how cold can highland neps take it? I don't plan on wintering mine outside, but sometimes i keep the window open when its below 50 or so outside to keep the apartment cool.

Most highlanders will take temps as low as 50-60°F and ultrahighlanders can take 40°.

and the humidity for the day around 35%-40% and night around 70%-80%,given the right media your plant will be very happy:D

I have safely grown higlanders outside here (Stone Mtn) until the nights started dipping into the 40s.

Don't approach freezing temperatures, I've had many experiences with frost and Nepenthes, more hardy than you think!

So long as you stay out of the 30's, you're fine.

I even once left out a few of the hardier ones in a frost (by accident, and I DON'T reccommend this), and they were fine - didn't even get any of that wilted lettus look. Of course, these were a Miranda, vetrata and truncata x ventricosa - all known for their hardiness.

Back