Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windowsill bical

When Time Stood Still Metranisome's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow where do you live, I really donít know of any local nurseries near me that have anything good... anyone have advice, I live in Southern California near LA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    minnesota. theres a huge orchid/nepenthes nursery nearby here.

if your in california, you may want to stop by the california carnivores nursery. i dont know where it is, but its the self-proclaimed largest carniverous nursery in the united states =-P
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got back from a two week trip to Miami and the dang thing is putting of a basal shoot...
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My specimen plant has experienced 40f one time and is exposed to conistent nightime lows in the high 50's over the winter. During this time, it gets spotty and sits there doing absolutely nothing. Thats why it will probably never get bigger than 2 feet by 2 and a half feet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey if it stays small thats fine by me .

My plan is that if it starts getting too big/not doing well, the next time I drive to Miami I'm going to take it down there and give it a new home in my grandparents back yard...
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, its bad when there are brown patches on the edges of the leaves, isn't it? So far only one leaf has it, but it is a new-ish leaf. Last night I repotted it in a 8" pot just because I had it laying around and I know these like to be over potted. Using a butter knife I pried the root mass out of the 6" pot and put in in the new 8" pot. I found that the rootball was almost the entire 6" pot. They have huge root balls for even little plants. With any luck, the plant didn't notice the transplant and won't belly up on me, but now that brown spot scares me...

At least I have a basal...
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brown patches are usually signs of stress/shock. Has the plant continued to grow? How does the growth point look?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you care for it well, it shouldn't matter much. I had a rokko x fallax that started getting brown spots on all of its leaves. I posted about it in 2 diff forums, and i was told possible overwater, or too much light, and i can assure you, neither of those were the case. Either way, I air-layered the thing, and the plant with the brown spots on the leaves (the "old" part of the plant) sent out 2 normal and vigorous new growing points out of the nodes. Usually my plan of action for nep ailments (with the exception of fungus/bugs) is to do absolutely nothing, unless the problem appears to worsen over about a month. Things usually sort themselves out
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123