Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, it's not dead!

Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look like it's doing badly at all. How long has it grown like that?
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, nice job. It's doing better than mine, that's for sure.

I'd also like to know how long it's been growing there and how long it took to adjust and start pitchering.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just moved my N. bical to the windowsill about a week or 2 ago. It does not seemed to have minded at all, but I'm a little worried as we are moving into winter and I keep my house on the cool side.
    If things start to look bad I have a thought about placing the pot on a heat pad to see if keeping the roots warm will work even if the air temp will be colder.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    elgecko, I like your heatpad idea. I have an ampularia that has outgrown the lowland tank, and I have been racking my brain for ideas. I may have to try that idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, it has done better since I moved it inside to the 'sill. The reason I moved it is was that my apt was renovating our exteriors. Well my VFTs and Sarrs took some abuse, I am still not sure how many VFTs I lost when the workers kocked the pot off the balcony. I guess that plant has been inside for about a month now or so. I had it in my bedroom but the setup wasn't too great as my other neps got prime real-estate, so I moved that guy out to the living room. From all I heard, I figured this plant would probably slowly die on me, but it has put up two new pitchers since Ibought it (had none which is why it was so cheap). I grow it in a tall 6" pot will nothing but LFS kept on the "tray method". So far the results speak for themselves I guess.

As for how long it took to pitcher, when i got it like I said it didn't have any, which is why the nursery was selling it super cheap - clearing them out and all. Anyway as soon as I got it a pitcher formed, but when it was still developing it got eaten by something. The next one came in which you can see in the back, but it doesn't really have a lid which is odd. The latest pitcher is in the foreground and looks perfect so far. There is another pitcher on the way.

Perhaps it's the mealworms I feed my neps...
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the bical on the windowsill. I've tried a lot of them with very limited success. They do alright but usually produce smaller pitchers and often none at all. They really do need high humidity and heat. They will stay alive for a while, but don't grow like they should in lowland conditions. But good luck!!

Joel
    http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now reality is beginning to set it. How cold can these plants really take before its the end?
    Updated Growlist!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast