Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Small neps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...its TINY! its i believe the second smallest nepenthes...behind Argentii. it only grows like... 5in across or somthing like that. it dosent vine and has pretty pitchers. cute plant....if you can find it that is.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure how big, i chopped the vine when it hit 3 feet. leaves were somewhere around a foot long not including tendril and pitcher. only problem with this species is its tendancy to sit and pout. mine did nothing for the first 8 or 9 months i had it and all the sudden started growing like mad.

as for veitchii..........if your not particular on what clone its easy to find. if your after a particular clone it can be an entertaining search depending on what one you want. the standard gold/green peristrome one seems to be easy to find. heavily striped peristromes are harder to find
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's so special? It doesn't form vines, was once thought extinct, and you can't find one anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, N. campulata seems to grow something like a lowland N. inermis from what I just heard, but i still don't get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the thing is. it stays so small, is a moderatly slow grower, dosent vine...you could keep it for a LONG time in one place!! i like the pitchers.... and schloaty has a "blushed" form of it that is pretty neat.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so maybe he might be able to help me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Campy's around, although small. Mine'll probly show up today. Do a search and see what nurseries pop up, call em an ask em. That's usually the best way to find what yer lookin for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard that campanulatas grow well in low-ish light and high humidity, much like D. adelea.

Another good Nepenthes to grow is N. x medusa. The pitchers are huge but the plant stays compact. It can take both lowland and highland conditions.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast