What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decaying lids

• Thread starter Jayson16
  • Start date
Hello, I have a problem were my lids of my nepths are decaying and turning brown. I have no clue what is happening. Any information would be wonderful. Thanks

how long have you had it? what kind is it? what conditions is it in? if you just recently got it, it is just adjusting to its new surroundings.
Alex

Thank you Alex,Yeah i got it about 2 weeks ago and its a N.gracilis and the conditions are in the 70's during the day and around 65 at night and humidity around 60%. Thanks agian.

This also happens once the pitcher reach the end of their effective lifespan. That amount of time varies depending on the species or hybrid. In this case though, Alex is right as to what is causing it. Btw, the pitcher itself will now slowly start to die from the top down. You can leave it there, cut it off as it browns, or cut the whole thing off. I usually leave it until the entire pitcher has browned, so as to let the plant continue to suck back in the nutrients/water in the bottom of the pitcher

Back