Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackdragon "guided growth"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got my black dragon about 2 weeks ago, it looks kinda bad, but its recovering.

the only problem i see is one of the leaves is growing STRAIGHT UP, making it so i gotta position the rest of the plant further from my lights, god forbid when the pitcher begins to pop out.

is there any way to "guide" the leaf downwards, witha weight or something? or is this impossible now that its pretty much fully developed?
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meavan, my blackdragon had some leaves growing in weird directions, and usually when I get a nep they have the same growth pattern until they grow their first new leaf. The only other thing I can think of is that my other neps such as the my sanguinea always have a new leaf pointing straight up as it develops and as it matures it lays back down... could that be what you are seeing?
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah, its fully developed with a half-developed pitcher on the end
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    picture? i think Black dragon has Truncata in its parentage. its leaves are large and blunt and dont droop like other neps do.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My black dragon is not doing that and the pitcher look like they are too skinny to have truncata in it, but heck I got so many new ones lately I forgot what the leaves look like. It should start to lay down as the next leaf emerges. Let it grow and stop turning the plant unless it is to move it from hurting itself. It will straighten itself out, but if you keep moving it will keep putting growth out in aoo sorts of dirrections. A picture would help too.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is happening to me, too. I assumed it was because of the way it was packaged bare-root and in the plastic bag which forced one of the newer leaves to harden straight up. This particular leaf has just now started a pitcher, so I don't know if the weight will start to sag the leaf down some. I also thought about weighting it somehow for a little while, but decided that (unless someone says otherwise) I would just let it do it's thing. I am not expecting much from mine yet because it has had quite a shock since it was delivered while I was out of town...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here ya go. i doubt theres much i can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woah!
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast