Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jumped on the nepenthes addiction train

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are a couple of new pics taken today morning and at night. I know the camera is extremely "INCAPABLE" of showing the amount of light...but a good sense here is the amount of darkness in the morning at the back end of the room....Forget the glare near the window....its alll exaggerated by this stupid camera... its not that much light coming in.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6290/roommorncr9.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/7625/daynightak9.jpg

so.....I have been moving the pot around here and there to check which is better....In spite of the light being low at the window....it seems that the plant LOOKS LIT up...i.e.,, I can see a lighter shade of the pitchers near the window...compared to the undercabinet light..where it is soo dark shades on the pitchers ...especially the pitchers INSIDE the moss.

cheers,

vraev

PS:: xvart, I think the windows faces north kinda.....and its in such a UN-USABLE direction for plants. I guess I can say its medium shade...So I actually started leaving the tube light on in the room as well.

If u can notice in the picture...the area where the fan is gets No light at all....and the area of the regular house pot in the left side window gets actually lower light considering that there is a pine tree right outside blocking the light. That is why I acutally put it like how I have it now.. balanced on top of my terrarium cornered by the cardboard that has AL foil on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe you can post URL's instead of those HUGE pictures?

Its hard to read forums for people, especially when pictures exceed over 800 Pixels.

It looks like a happy nepenthes though Congrats.

for lighting what I use is those energy Saving 60 watt light bulbs that Actually look like they put out 120 watt's. They get big and use those 60 watt fixtures, but they make up for what you have their.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is soemthing like this in the "long table lamp near my phone u see good"?? it stays at a foot away from the plant then.

http://canadiantire.ca/browse....9546172

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys,

I got this one for now. its a 32 watt GE mini CFL. CRI 82, 2300 lumens. I wanted to get the 45 watt..but they can't find it now..so I got a raincheck for it instead and bought this to try this out..so that I can return and get the other one once it arrives.

comeon now this has to be sufficient for a nep. Even my VFT's are getting light from lower wattage sources What do u think?? r my nep troubles over I am misting it daily 2-3 times...and this light for 16 hrs. is that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont need to mist this species. So Now Slowly STOP misting, its a waste of time. The light should be a bit closer and you would be set.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks nepenthes_ak. Finally a direct response. I have been waiting for hrs. lol! Do u think I should bother using a raincheck I have and get the 45 watt "same bulb" that gives 3000 lumens instead later or is enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally I think if you just put the light closer to the plant, you wouldn't need the extra light intensity. Remember, radiation intensity drops at 1/r^2 rate.
    Updated Growlist!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12