What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple more closeups

Here's the sole sprout I got from my N. ventricosa x truncata seeds:
nepsprouts3.jpg

And a closeup of N. macrophylla peristome
N.jpg

Capslock

Great close up Max. I love that N. macrophylla peristome close up, what great teeth it have.

Jeff

aww cute nep. and very nice macrophylla!
Alex

Very nice! Thanks Caps

How about some shots of your predators?

Great pictures

How many seeds did you start with and how long did it take for this one to come up?
Enquiring minds want to know.
It took 2 months for my N. ventracosa seeds to come up
Lois

Hey Lois,
It took me about 2 months, also. I started with about half the seed produced. I have a female ventricosa that made sort of a small-ish flower soon after I got it, and used pollen from a truncata. I was skeptical that the seed pods were viable, and am happy to have even one sprout.

Oh, and I'll try to get a new pic of the Predator. I'm still figuring out this crazy macro lens, and really, really need a tripod for these things.
smile.gif

Capslock

Well, I think there may still be hope for a couple of more seedlings. I have had more sprout over the past 2 weeks. They are jest plain venticosa. But, I am so delighted I was able tpget something to sprout also.

Yep. I know what you mean still working with that microlens issue, myself. I had it figured out better on my old camera , which I lost during a bog slogging expedition to Albion.
The new camera is supposed to keep the image still,Ha I say.LOL
Lois

You know A mono pod would be easier to move around than a tripod, unless you really want a tripod.

cute Nepenthes!

Wow...happy to see that I am not the only one who got seedlings from seeds of nepenthes!
As you can see on some topics in this forum....I got a couple of little plants from seeds of Nepenthes [ ventricosa x alata ] [ ventricosa ].
Fine!
Frow where did you get the truncata pollen? From your own plants or from somewhere else?

Bye!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Here is my little plant!
Bye!
ventrata_x_ventricosa.jpg

Wow! Mr Aga, your pics are great! It's very satisfying growing neps from seed, considering how long it takes.

I got truncata pollen from Pyro, who got it from someone else. Whoever that was, thanks! In addition to the N. ventricosa x truncata, I was able to get a bunch of sprouts of N. (thorelii x aristolochioides) x truncata, as my thorelii x aristo was also flowering.

Capslock

Oo.gif

I love youre guy's pictures... and seedlings.

Wish I could get some seeds. That would be fun to try. Seeds for a hamata would be the best.

JMurphy,
Here in Europe to get seed is more difficult than other tropical country...here even to have seeds of an hybrid and common Nepenthes is not easy.So...begin to accept what you will find first! ;)
Byeeeee!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Back