Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Few Pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Actually, the HPS is off in that pic (taken at about 1730), and only the CFLs are on. But it's true that it looks really nice when all of them are on; just like a bright afternoon with a hint of autumn. The 6400K (cool white) seems to have a relatively strong influence on the overall colour of the visible light.
    OHHHHH! so you use the CFL's to recreate sundown and sunrise?? thats so cool!!
    those are great looking plants!! how do you cool your...uh greenhouse(haha)?
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glider14- Yep, you've got the answer! I'm tempted to wire them individually so I can set the cool and warm according to the time of day. We'll see. I'm also toying with idea of adding a "moon" light - maybe something along the lines of a gentle white LED. I came up with this when I used my cell phone as a flashlight one late night.

Cooling only requires me to reach over my plants to open the window, which serves as the back wall of the enclosure. Even without such effort it gets down to about 58F in there nowadays. So my setup is now actually and finally week-long-vacation safe!

Cheers!
    Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I came up with this when I used my cell phone as a flashlight one late night.
    your not the only one :P

my room gets down to 60 at night...but thats only for winter.. i dont know about summer yet.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are some awesome plants, and some really great photos!

Thanks for sharring the beauty you have allowed to prosper!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12