Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Took some pics of my nepenthes too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 12 2006,10:07)]Outsider yes those are dollarstore 12 inch hanging pots I use mostly. I am experimentin with some in plastic mesh pots too and they seem to be working great as well. Thanks everyone for the comments. Things are starting to look nice.

Xvart like Ben said those are orchid roots hanging down all over the place. They just go everywhere when there is no tree for them to attach to.
    Mesh pots eh...interesting. Do you have to water the ones potted in the mesh pots more often then? Since I assume they would dry out faster? How long are your roots out of curiosity?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the white one? looks like a wacky leucophylla hybrid!
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meavin what picture are you refuring too? First picture second post? That is a Raff. It is just starting to look good too.

Outsider. Yes the mesh pots do need watering a little more, but its no bother because I have some orchids that need watering every day. I have a few potted differently to see how they work. Some I mixed sphag with orchid bark and used that in the mesh pots. There is one I lined the pot with Sphag and then used a peat mix with orchid bark in the center the I top dressed in sphag. So far so good with them all. I will take some pictures of the mesh post. They are a firm mesh and not a flimsy mesh. They were bought by my mother for orchid pots, but she didn't like them because they dried out to fast in her house. They work fine in the GH. I would have to send you the link to the place online to get them. They are listed in my AOS mag.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Dec. 12 2006,9:54)]
    this one
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I thought so. That is a N. rafflesiana
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123