What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When and how to repot?

yes as many of you may know, I do have a quite large N. 'miranda' that i am currenly growing. Lately however I got to thinking that the pot that it is currently growing in is probably too small.
the plant has a 2 foot diameter and the pot is about 4/5 of a foot in diameter. Should i repot it? would it be somewhat benificail if i did so? Would LFS be ok as the only ingredient in the medium?

Thanks!

when was the last time it was potted? in what mix? peat and LFS apparently can start breaking down after a couple of years in use.

personally, if i were you, i would repot it into the same pot with new mix - peat moss/lfs, perlite, vermiculite and some orchid bark. and would also take some cuttings and send one of them to zedlepp. oh yes.

I've had huge nepenthes with very small root systems, and very small nepenthes with huge root systems.

I like to repot everything anually.

Back