What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Hairy" N. hamata

When Chi`en Lee first showed me the photo of the "Hairy" N. hamata I thought it was one of the most beautiful Nepenthes I had ever seen.  Here are a few photos of my small plant, and a water color I did after Chi`en Lee photo.  From what I have seen it seems to be a relatively fast grower under highland conditions.

2006-9-11_CP_Art_harry_hamata_011.jpg

2007-1-1_red_hamata_red_drosera_4500_011.jpg

2007-1-1_red_hamata_red_drosera_4500_013.jpg

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

ha. cute. i love the look of the "Hairmata"
wink.gif.gif
that post also made me drool. cool plant.
Alex

I didn't even know it was available. Nice painting by the way. It looks a lot like the original photo.

You've got a head start on me, Jeremiah! I can't wait for this one to get bigger. Mine is finally settling in and growing nicely:

N-36.jpg

Capslock

Good Gravy, Caps, that is one tiny nep!

Jeremiah, that's a beauty. I have to get myself a new one since the old one was toasted by a heatwave two summers ago.
cry.gif

This one is growing faster than anything else in my Nep collection at the moment, albeit its small size. It's extremely promising, and so is my little jamban.

Good looking plants, guys.  Nice job on the watercolor, Jeremiah.

Yes, it seems to be a pretty strong grower, much like the "regular" N. hamata.  Here's another seedling:
0-13.jpg

KPG

Is there a BE distributor in the US who has/had the hairy hamatas?

Back