What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buncha new pics

Sam will recognize this N. maxima x x Pisacho. My first pitcher on this new plant.
N-37.jpg

A bright N. sanguinea upper pitcher:
N-38.jpg

A big old N. singalana making a bunch of basals. The main vine still is growing strong:
N-39.jpg

N. glandifulera, happy in the cool winter weather:
N-40.jpg

(cont...)

This is why "lowly" N. ventricosa is one of my favorites, so many colors on one plant:
N-41.jpg

N. spectabilis x veitchii, a main plant pitcher and a basal pitcher racing to see who opens first:
N-42.jpg

The curiously different N. spectabilis x ventricosa (is is vent x spec?, must check label) upper pitchers. The color is browner and yellower than the lowers:
N-43.jpg

And finally, the mystery plant I acquired as N. burkeii x villosa. I thought it was N. lowii x ventricosa, but then heard there actually was a N. lowii x burkeii that someone in my club (BACPS) had, so maybe that's it.
N-44.jpg

Capslock

Yes! Best thing to see fist thing in the morning! Thanks Max!

Very nice Max!

Only problem with the N. lowii x burkei is that 99.9% of all the N. burkei that have been in cultivation are really N. ventricosa. Without knowing exactly what plant was used and it's origins it would be hard to say deffinatively though one way or the other.

Paph. delenatii?

T

nice as always Capslock! just wondering. what...eh "form" is your sanguinea? it has the same coloration as mine.... mine is supposed to be the orange form but its more pink than orange.
Alex

Alex, mine came to me labeled as 'Pink Form'. This is an upper pitcher, but is very similar to the lowers, just a bit lighter in color, and the tendril attachment is a bit more from the back.

Capslock

Max, great plants as always! Good photo work, too.

LOVE the lowii hybid. Don't care if it's ventricosa or burkeii. Doesn't matter, that pitcher is awesome!

The glossy red lips of that last picture are gorgeous

humm that doesnt sound right

I absolutly LOVE the last two pics!

Back