What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a few pics (large file size)

From the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, sadly I had many more but lost them in a hard drive crash. If you are ever in Atlanta, it and the aquarium are a must see. They have a large collection of CP's.

dscn0620.jpg

dscn0617.jpg

dscn0618.jpg

I believe this is hand blown glass, very cool...it hangs in the middle of their Nep room

dscn0615.jpg

Enjoy,
Av

Nice! I wish I could live at the ABG!

WOW!! hey dude.......where is the rajah :p ! :D

The rajah is in the highland room down the hall :)

Av8tor1,

That is hand blown by Dale Chihuly.

You should have posted a pic of the 8' tall bical in the orchid room :)

can u pls post the rajah's pic :)

Those are probably the ones lost in the hard drive crash. :/

But these pictures are good too! Makes me want to go visit the Botanical Gardens that are around here in PA... I've never been to one before.

i hear about people getting cuttings and such from these plants. how would one do that? very nice pics! the Truncata is very old! i can tell by how long that stem is!!!.
Alex!

The rajah is in the highland room down the hall :)

Av8tor1,

That is hand blown by Dale Chihuly.

You should have posted a pic of the 8' tall bical in the orchid room :)

Actually it was hand blown by Dale Chihuly's studio slaves-- he doesn't make anything, just scribbles on paper to define the feel of the piece.

sorry vraev,

that is all was able to salvage before the bios failed to recognize the HDD anymore, maybe a local can fill in the blanks for us :)

Cheers'
Av

HDD? What's that?

This past summer that 8 ft. bical was a sad looking 8 inch plant :( Hope it looks better than last time.

I missed the rajah last time I was there :( but got to see all of the other highlanders :)

caveman for "Hard Disk Drive", once upon a time we had these 5.25" floppy disk thingys :0o:

I have been asked if I would post some more ABG pics from another board member... sooo as soon as I get them and get the chance (at work)

Cheers'
Av

HDD? What's that?

This past summer that 8 ft. bical was a sad looking 8 inch plant :( Hope it looks better than last time.

I missed the rajah last time I was there :( but got to see all of the other highlanders :)

8 inch plant? I don't think I ever recall that plant being that small, and I have been going fairly regularly for a couple years now. I don't seem to have a picture of it better than Jeremiah's.

Jeremiah,

How did you get access to the green house like that? I have yet to see any of their pings...

Might have been 12 lol. It was just a lil guy and the big one I remember from a kid was gone. I was kind of sad but I was glad to see that the N. truncata had seed pods :) Maybe it got sick or something and was taken to the behind the scenes GH's.

If you see someone just ask and chances are they'll show you.

Someone happened to leave the door to the Sarracenia breeding GH door unlocked and ajar.... somehow I found myself inside hehehe

The Sphagnum moss is really nice!

pics
IMG_1212.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1236_8_3_1.jpg

IMG_1233_9_3_1.jpg

IMG_1229_10_3_1.jpg

IMG_1225_11_3_1.jpg

IMG_1217_12_3_1.jpg

this vine was really long
IMG_1263_24_2_1.jpg

I happened to find this thread and I just had to resurrect it. Amazing stuff!

Some of those Nepenthes are beasts, especially that N. truncata. I love the Nepenthes room with that abstract piece of art danging in the center, and I also enjoy seeing those few Nepenthes planted in such a way that they're able to climb through the surrounding vegetation.

ABG is a fantastic place. I have been there twice now. The last time I was there they had a things on CPs of all types. they had wooden bugs all around the campus. They had a bung of new highland nepenthes in pots hanging all around the highland room. Many small hamata and other spectacular plants. They have a section with a bunch Heli's too. It is just amazing how they regulate the temps.

The truncatas they have are amazing along with the bicals! Another reason why I had to get into nepenthes when I saw those wonderful plants!

Lucky! Btw, I've been in the aquarium once, it's so cool!

Wowoo~ Atlanta Botanical Gardens is awesome.:0o:
They have so many beautiful nepenthes.
Unfortunately we don't have such great gardens in Taiwan.:-(
Duckking really love that N. veitchii.
Thanks to your sharing my friends.:-D

Back