What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first Nepenthes Pitcher

there is supposed to be somthing there. i dont have a raff so i dont know how the leaves unfold. just wait....
Alex

That looks good dude. That's how I like nepenthes, before they start to climb (Or in N. raff, out) and get big :(

I'm sure the meristem isn't dead and you just can't see it yet. Even if somehow it was broken and lost then the plant will return from nodes.

I only grow raff gigantea, and I can always see the next leaf, but trust me, its nothing to worry about. When the last leaf of my rajah unfolded, I couldn't see the growing tip for a few days, and now its back out and continuing to grow.

Even if you accidentally broke the growth tip and dont know it, it'll be fine. I've broken many of them, and the plant just lags for a few weeks, then resumes normal growth from the same point with a new growth tip

ok, thanks :-D
I guess that there is nothing big to really worry about then since I littlerally haven't dared to touch it (except to take that pic) because I don't want to hurt it.

well, my raff is almost 1 foot but pitchers are like 2~4 inch

Lol
really? my raff is like 6 inches in diameter maybe 5

I can't wait till they get bigger!!!!

the other leaf came out!
it looks like it was still covered by the (slowly) unfurling leaf.

in other news: My second pitcher is about to open!!!!
This is officially my current favorite plant!!!

it's just as exciting as the first!!!
also it seems that the tendril has some stuff on it and it comes out to where it looks like it's making little wings like on those gliding lizards.
is that at all normal? Or does that mean that it needs more light?

wings on the tendrils? like... N. raffelsiana var alata? its probably normal as that variety isnt very common.
Alex

not exactly that winged, but it has a little bit of extra stuff like that.

Back