Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Nepenthes Photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now for my Ventricosa Red, this guys my first Nep & I love this beauty. Got it at a nursery in the garden district of SF when I lived there as a little plant with abuncha big pitchersfor it's size, since then I brought it back to LI, then to Brooklyn and now at my place on LI by Jones Beach.

Checkitout:

Close-Up

Full-View

And this is an old picture, I think from like fall 2004 maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this here's a plant with the same cross as a Dyeriana I got from a Hawaiian grower, I recently picked up an unrooted cutting of a clone of the original Dyeriana so it will be interesting to see how these two grow side-by-side over time...

Checkit:

Big Bud

Newly Opened

Corona Comparison

Darker

Three Stoodges

Deep Red Peristome

And another shot of the three guys together...

As you can see, the peristomes on this plant are a lot redder than the typical Dyeriana, like a deep red striping. I look forward to seeing what the uppers end up looking like...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    I love the peristome and the way it shoots up and connects to the lid. Very nice pitcher. It also has some significant wings on it! I see from the picture you grow it inside; what are the lights you grow under and photoperiod you give it?

Thanks for sharing.

xvart.
    Lights are the regular-ol' Home Depot cheap-o's, the T-8 fixtures with cool lights. Two fixtures of 2 bulbs each set high in the grow chamber with white shower curtains and white tablecloth and white plastic platforms to reflect alotta light around in there.
    I forgot the photoperiod, but it's on the high side for Neps, like 13 hrs or sumethin...
    Glad ya liked the pics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized some of these pictures are Gi-normous! Anyone know how I can reduce them for easier viewing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12