Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of Nep photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neon, I haven't been collecting neps for very long, probably a year, but have kept orchids for over 10 years so the Neps have been much easier to cultivate, and they liked the greenhouse so still haven't lost too many neps (3 to be exact, two extra small densifloras and one extra small hamata that I bought from Black Jungle). Those that died, did so within the first 3 days after arrival.

I purchased several very small plants from BE and what a difference. No plants have died even considering they traveled from Sri Lanka to the US and then to Mexico.

Thanks for the compliments about the photos, among all of my multiple hobbies lays photography as well and the new digital cameras do a great job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im liking the jamban, where did you get it.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peanuts I believe the only place that has Jamban is BE. As you can see they are very small plants, but doing great.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Alex!

You know I was just about to try and buy that same N. viking on the vendors website last night Now I'm sad You got a good plant! Maybe they still have number 5 on the list. They need to update their website lol. Congratulations!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw that Viking I really liked it and purchased imediately. I think I bought that plant in September but the vendor didn't take it out of their website even though I already had it in my greenhouse. I just checked on the website and my plant is still there! I used their photo because new pitchers are quite smaller and still don't have the same coloration. The old large pitchers are not that pretty any longer.

That viking is growing well (althought the pitchers are not even close to the ones in the picture) and throwing lots of new plats on the base, if it was easier to take plants back into the US I would be more than happy to share, but being in Mexico the procedure is not that simple.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice collection! I love the lowlii. Keep up the good work.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexF View Post
    When I saw that Viking I really liked it and purchased imediately. I think I bought that plant in September but the vendor didn't take it out of their website even though I already had it in my greenhouse. I just checked on the website and my plant is still there! I used their photo because new pitchers are quite smaller and still don't have the same coloration. The old large pitchers are not that pretty any longer.

That viking is growing well (althought the pitchers are not even close to the ones in the picture) and throwing lots of new plats on the base, if it was easier to take plants back into the US I would be more than happy to share, but being in Mexico the procedure is not that simple.

Smaller, really? I'd expect it to be BIGGER in Mexico! I thought it was really hot there. I just inquired about number 5 (or any at all if they are left lol) When I get it we'll have to compare notes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Mexico can be very hot, but I live at 8,500Ft so the winter months, when the viking came it are much more in the cool side. Night temperatures are usually around the upper 30's and sometimes go as low as low 30's.

Inside the greenhouse it can get somewhat warm, but not outside. Mexico City is quite cool, too bad humidity is a little low or I could have all my highland neps outside.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12