What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of Nep photos

Let's see if I can post the photos I just took of some plants in the collection, I will be taking more photos and uploading as time allows until the whole collection is photographed.

Anamensis
Anamensis.jpg

Bongso
Bongso.jpg

Burkei
Burkei.jpg

Copelandi
Copelandi.jpg

Eymae
Eymae.jpg

Globosa
Globosa.jpg

Gynmamphora
Gynmamphora.jpg

Hamata Hairy
HamataHair.jpg

and more

Jamban
Jamban2.jpg

Jamban.jpg

Jaquelineae
Jaquelienae.jpg

Jaquelineae2.jpg

Jaquelineae3.jpg

Lowii
Lowii.jpg

Macfarleani
Macfarleani.jpg

Macrophylla
Macrophyla.jpg

Mikeii
Mikeii.jpg

Petiolata
Petiolata.jpg

Last bunch

Platichylla
Platichylla2.jpg

Platichylla.jpg

Sibuyanensis
Sibuyanensis.jpg

Spatulata
Spatulata.jpg

Spectabilis
Spectabilis2.jpg

Stenophylla
Stenophyla.jpg

Talanguensis
Talanguensis.jpg

Tobaica 3195
Tobaica3195.jpg

Voguelii
Voguelii.jpg

aftre looking at your growlist. i think you have(or are about to have) every cultivated nep species!! :hail: :hail: you have got one heck of a collection dude!!
Alex

my favorite nep stenophylla!!

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Latest neps! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

I knew that you would have awsome nep pics!!!!
those are awsome!!!!
I love the physique of N. lowii and I can't wait to see the N. jamban when it gets more mature pitchers.

OMG, Dude your neps are amazing! Some of the best photos I've ever seen! Alex, how long have you been collecting them?

Sweeeet Neps.... Nice pics :boogie:

Neon, I haven't been collecting neps for very long, probably a year, but have kept orchids for over 10 years so the Neps have been much easier to cultivate, and they liked the greenhouse so still haven't lost too many neps (3 to be exact, two extra small densifloras and one extra small hamata that I bought from Black Jungle). Those that died, did so within the first 3 days after arrival.

I purchased several very small plants from BE and what a difference. No plants have died even considering they traveled from Sri Lanka to the US and then to Mexico.

Thanks for the compliments about the photos, among all of my multiple hobbies lays photography as well and the new digital cameras do a great job.

im liking the jamban, where did you get it.?

Peanuts I believe the only place that has Jamban is BE. As you can see they are very small plants, but doing great.

Nice Alex!

You know I was just about to try and buy that same N. viking on the vendors website last night :( Now I'm sad :( You got a good plant! Maybe they still have number 5 on the list. They need to update their website lol. Congratulations!

When I saw that Viking I really liked it and purchased imediately. I think I bought that plant in September but the vendor didn't take it out of their website even though I already had it in my greenhouse. I just checked on the website and my plant is still there! I used their photo because new pitchers are quite smaller and still don't have the same coloration. The old large pitchers are not that pretty any longer.

That viking is growing well (althought the pitchers are not even close to the ones in the picture) and throwing lots of new plats on the base, if it was easier to take plants back into the US I would be more than happy to share, but being in Mexico the procedure is not that simple.

Very nice collection! I love the lowlii. Keep up the good work.

xvart.

When I saw that Viking I really liked it and purchased imediately. I think I bought that plant in September but the vendor didn't take it out of their website even though I already had it in my greenhouse. I just checked on the website and my plant is still there! I used their photo because new pitchers are quite smaller and still don't have the same coloration. The old large pitchers are not that pretty any longer.

That viking is growing well (althought the pitchers are not even close to the ones in the picture) and throwing lots of new plats on the base, if it was easier to take plants back into the US I would be more than happy to share, but being in Mexico the procedure is not that simple.

Smaller, really? I'd expect it to be BIGGER in Mexico! I thought it was really hot there. I just inquired about number 5 (or any at all if they are left lol) When I get it we'll have to compare notes!

Well, Mexico can be very hot, but I live at 8,500Ft so the winter months, when the viking came it are much more in the cool side. Night temperatures are usually around the upper 30's and sometimes go as low as low 30's.

Inside the greenhouse it can get somewhat warm, but not outside. Mexico City is quite cool, too bad humidity is a little low or I could have all my highland neps outside.

Back