What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second batch of photos

Albomarginata
Albomarginata.jpg

Ampularia 3011
Ampularia3011.jpg

Belii
Belii.jpg

Bicalcarata
Bicalcarata.jpg

Distillatoria Purple
DistillatoriaPurp.jpg

Eustachya
Eustachya.jpg

Faizaliana
Faizaliana.jpg

Fusca Flared
FuscaFlrd.jpg

Izumae
Izumae.jpg

Khasiana
Khasiana.jpg

Mira
Mira.jpg

Tobaica 3197
Tobaica3197.jpg

Great photos! Are you sure on the identity of the tobiaca 3197?

100% sure that the plant sent to me from BE with ID tag Tobaica 3197 is the one on the photo.

It happened to me on the first set of photos, I had to ID every plant with camera on hand and then write them down. I wrote the sequence this time so I wouldn't have misidentification problems.

I have always liked photography as well, along with some (too many) other hobbies. The photos are taken with a Nikon D2X, 60mm macro lens, tripod and super small aperture. A few photos were taken with flash, but the others took up to 15 seconds with the shutter open.

Alex

Last edited:
Great plants, Alex! You have an impressive collection of some of the more unusual and hard to come by neps. Great work!

Hi Alex. Great looking plants. How are you growin some of those highlanders in Mexico City? Are you at a substantial elevation?

Manny

My house sits at 2,620 meters (8,596 Ft).

The greenhouse is 20' long and 14' wide and is carved into the mountain. It has 2 full solid walls, one mostly window and one with a little strip of window. The greenhouse floor is covered with thick clay slabs, so that keeps the humidity at over 80% all the time and there is a lot of air movement.

I wish it would get more sun, but the greenhouse was built before my neigbor's house and now it shields a lot of light, specially after 12 or 1 pm.

The greenhouse is intermediate, but the back tends to be a little warmer and the front (close to the door) is the coolest, so the all the neps sit in the same greenhouse (along with all my orquids). On very cold nights (3 - 7° C or 37 - 45°F) I put a heater for the lowland plants. The cold side goes down to 13° (55°F) or around that.

In a few months, when we start having constant rain (it's now the dry season) most of the highlanders will be taken out of the greenhouse.

Do you have any pics of N. inermis? I'm sorry I just have to ask.

Pitchers of inermis are not fully developed, the plant is small and so are the pitchers. I will post a picture tomorrow though.

Back