What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well knock me over with a feather! Spike PICS now

Yeah, Pak, having a male ventricosa is not much of a draw, is it? I think every species of nep has already been mixed with vent. Oh, well. Still rewarding to know you've grow the plant well enough for it to flower - but then again, it IS a male. Females need a reason to flower, males just need a place. ;)

My N. x 'Miranda' is in flower again... I'll try to remember the camera next time I go to the green house.

I showed you mine...you show me yours. :) Get that camera!

Sounds like several people have flowering neps now. Maybe I should check my others.

Here are pics of mine, although I don't have a closeup view. Can anyone discern male or female or is it too far away?

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Male.

@PAK's msg from saturday:

wait until theyre all open

Thank you! :)

Well Jim...I guess that means no hanky panky between our plants. lol It looks male to me as well.

Did someone have a female spike? I'm just amazed that a window sill plant that is supposed to be essentially equatorial, seemingly responded to the photoperiod change, like a VFT.

I now have updated flower pics:

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Male, I presume?

Back