What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep in flower!

schloaty

Staff member
Well, it's just a ventricosa, but I grew this sucker from SEED, and it's only 2 1/2 years old. Pretty psyched about it!

Don't know the sex yet, have to wait for the first bud to open. I'll post here when it does.

You should be able to determine the sex before the buds open. See my pics in the ... feather thread. 2 1/2 years to bloom is awesome, you must be an exceptional grower. I'd hate to show you my 2 1/2 year old ventricosa. They were doing well indoors, but once I moved them outside they slowed down. We wanna see pics!

Aha! Thanks, Steve. I guess it's male, then...but I'll have to give it a closer look.

What is this, ventricosa mating season, lol?
I have a maxima 'CSFU' blooming. This is new to me too, and it looks to be male. Seeing how I have a ton of 'Red Leopards', crossing a ventricosa might be the last choice I would pick, lol!

Cheers,

Joe

Back