Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious mayhaps?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can grow some VERY nice plants easily in san fran dude. Not me I'm stuck in hell I mean Georgia.

Don't rely on bugs for your plants, they are n-a-s-t-y anyway I use fertilizer.

Fancier of The Insectivorous Plant Christopher's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I used to grow VFTs downstairs on my patio for a few years when I was a kid. The weather in nice enough here in the city and my VFTs survived a while. I wish I knew the importance of dormancy back then; they started dying off after a couple years and I couldn't understand why. Now I know. lol

I just recently got interested in doing it all over. It's an awesome diversion. What kind of fertilizer do you use for your nepenthes or other plants?

I know next to nothing about Georgia, but I'm sure I'd like to visit one day. I got "road trip" written on the list of things to do in the next few years.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've always imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Orchid fertilizers like Schultz. To be honest I just dump some in lmao. It probably turns out to me 1/4 strength.

Georgia is nice as long as you don't stray too far from the cities. Stay away from the Deliverance types in the deep country and you'll be fine.....dun dun dun.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use Better-Gro Orchid Plus(i think thats what it is...) diluted to about 1/4 it works really well!
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i use schultz and it works pretty well.

JLAP Georgia can't be that bad!!!
    North FL is probably just like the non rural areas of Georgia.

Christopher, JLAP is right. you have the right climate to grow many cool CPs that I could only dream of growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's what many say, Dave.

I guess I'm really lucky to be living here! I'm gonna try growing all types. I'm looking to add a cephalotus to my collection next!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've always imagined." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cephs, nepenthes, sarracenia....heck you could grow just about anything!! may your collection grow!!!
    Dave: you can grow them! just wait until your greenhouse
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won a bid on a 2-gallon aquarium on eBay for super cheap! It'll be coming any day now. I'll be purchasing some LED growth lights when I get my next check.

I was debating whether to use the tank to house a cephalotus or to transplant my bladderwort (u. sandersonii) into.

Hmm, decisions decisions!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast