What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its been a while since I last posted so I thought I would give an update on how my New Nepenthes are doing! First I want to thank everyone here who is so willing to share their secrets to success! I have enjoyed reading all the tips and advice given here. One last note.....sorry if I mispell anything or put the wrong pronunciation in, I am still learning.

My N. 'Marbled Dragon' has developed 2 new leaves with pitchers since I got it in about a month ago....one of the new pitchers is about 4" tall and is opening its lid today! I am really fascinated with the process of them producing the new pitchers and how quickly it is growing.

My N. Madagascariensis is also doing good and getting new leaves and pitchers....although it is doing good it isnt quite taking off like the Marbled Dragon but it is healthy and that is all I can ask for.

My N. Sanguinea and N. Ventricosa are also producing new leaves and pitchers and looking quite healthy.

I ended up receiving 3 N. 'Judith Finns', I ordered from 2 different places and one of them sent me two....I am almost 100% sure that one of them is going to die, it came in with a beginner leaf in the middle that was black, since receiving it it continues to stay black in the middle, I wont give up on it until I cant see anymore green but I dont know if there is anything I can do....The other 2 are now producing new leaves and pitchers.

Last but not least is my N. Rafflesiana....it also came in looking absolutly HORRIBLE. I didnt think it would make it a week, but a month later and with only 2 leaves that are half dead and half alive it has produced a new leaf and pitcher!!! I am really shocked because I thought for sure it was a gonner but I am thrilled it is pulling through, what a survivor!

Well, that sums up my new Nepenthes progress. I can definatly say Nepenthes are my favorite CPs....I cant wait to add to my collection but it will be awhile before they are big enough to propagate for trades....I guess I just need a little patience!

Thanks for taking the time to listen to me ramble.
Victoria

I am almost 100% sure that one of them is going to die, it came in with a beginner leaf in the middle that was black, since receiving it it continues to stay black in the middle, I wont give up on it until I cant see anymore green but I dont know if there is anything I can do....

I glad things are generally going well with your neps. The black growth tip is a problem and it will not become green again. I would suggest cutting off the black part and hope for a new growth point to emerge from a dormant node. You should check the roots to make sure they have not rotted. It might not hurt to report it into live LFS.

Ok, I cut the black growtip off and checked the roots, they are in good condition. So hopefully it will pull through. thanks for the tips!

No fear on the J-Finn.

You should have seen what I put mine through before I knew what I was doing. It would have made you wince.

That is one tough hybrid!

LOL, that makes me feel mor confident that I wont kill it!

Thanks
Victoria

you are like me! a beginner! happy to see ya

my raff is surviving like crazy. pitchers are small but now it can withstand

temp to about 40 degrees! (funny story behind it)

40 degrees, wow! Feel free to tell the funny story behind it, I am curious to know.

Nice meeting you too!

my raff is surviving like crazy

Interesting verbage there....not quite sure what "surviving like crazy" is :scratch:

:nana:

Back