What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Bellii

MrFus

Do you like that...
Hi, im compleaty new on this of the CP, for my first CP I choosee a Nepenthes Belli... a this point is doing good, some off the leaves on the bottom of the vine die after the plant reach home, the next ones die on part (1/4 of the leave and the traps) and the 2 top ones (the baby ones at that point) get the tip dry but they dont die...

Now my nepenthes is doing much better, it have 2 new leaves, complete green from the small tip to the end, the older leaves are stil there green green!!

The question is how long I need to let the vine grow before think to try to stop it from get too big for the room where its located? and how i do that to cut it to stop it growing more large?

Thanks

N. bellii is a miniture SP. it stays pretty dang small. Mine is i'd say over a foot tall, but only takes up 6 or 8" diameter of space. I dont' think space will be an issue for you with this plant for quite some time. :)
And welcome to the forums!!!!

Thanks, its really great that i found this forum, i always like the idea to get a CP, but was until i move here to US that i get this idea more on the reality, its more easy to have access to diferent plants to start here than is on Mexico....

i want to ask something, my nepenthes is just recovering off the shock from the trip on UPS truck, and on the last 2 weeks the plant show how strong its and get green again with no too much problem, but and now its like its taking a break, Its normal this situation? i mean its like the plant show a first burst of energy to recover from the trip and now its going back to its regular grow speed.

Usually it's the opposite for me :) I wouldn't worry about it.

N. bellii is famous for it's sensitive roots by the way. It may just be focusing on root development from the stress from the truck. There's a joke that you shouldn't even turn an N. bellii pot around :)

If you like red plants, give N. belli some more light and it'll become burgundy. Do this slowly in increments only after it's settled from it's journey.

By the way, Mexico is known for it's Pinguicula.

Yes, I already see some pictures of how my Bellii can look... that is why I get this one, I originaly order a Ampullaria, but on the store they get short because an accident with the moisture sistem on the green house, so they offer me to get instead at that point a bellii, after check some pictures of the nepenthes i get facinated with the small size and the color on the pitcher...

Im still think to get the ampullaria, but i want to wait until the Bellii get more big and get at less one pitcher, what do you think abouth the ampullaria? i have read its no a problem growin up but it can grow big on wide...

Back