Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question about coloring up my N. Sanguinea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about coloring up my N. Sanguinea

I have a N. Sanguinea that is growing quite nicely with one pitcher formed, one on the way and one new leaf. The environment it is living in is 50% humidity and it is getting indirect light from my 3x 40watt cool whites 4100k 80 cri and 3x 40 watt 6500k 80 cri bulbs.

My question is what causes the color on the pitchers or what can i do to help color up my pitchers? Or does it just take some time...(which i hope

Here is a pic of showing you what im talking about this pitcher has been open for about 3 weeks now

IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t157/Grizzlybear112/S4021011.jpg[/IMG]

2nd pic of the newest pitcher about to open it is larger than the first one

Thanks

-eric

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres the first pic that didnt work

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most pitchers get more colorful as time progresses. For example, my 'black dragon' doesn't turn dark until it is fully developed. My sanguinea also doesn't start getting reds in it until after the pitcher has opened.

You can see in the second picture how there is more color. It just takes time. You could also add more lights.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks like your plant is young also. I grow this plant and until the pitchers started getting around 4" or so they looked mostly like the one in the picture. now that they are growing more "adult" pitchers they are more orange all over. I am beginning to wonder how much light has to do with it. While wandering around the botanical gardens I started to realize that a large majority of their neps - esp the highlanders - are very well colored, but really they aren't in very bright light.
    Updated Growlist!

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, CPsInAtl. I'm not sure how much light does have a factor, but I'm positive it has at least some effect. I think that it is mostly due to age of pitcher, age of plant, and to some degree, light.

xvart.

edit: It looks like you might have some rust fungus on a couple of your leaves. Do you know what those little red spots are?
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget genetics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you got a little Sanguinea orange if im not mistaken right? my little one gets a lot of light and it colors up only a little darker than yours.
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

slau
    I think weather has a small part to play too. With the sanguinea here they arent as colorful cause our weather doesnt have the night time drop. They were more colorful when they arrived from BE. Sanguinea is very tough so its already a bonus that it survives the ultra lowland condition here. Adrianii isnt as colorful here as well. It colors up better in intermediate temps.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast