User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLant question!!! NEW** (pictures)

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXTWECOXx View Post
    It was to my understanding that CP's don't like fertilizer at the roots. So if it's in small amount it's ok? Is the time release bad in a terrarium because it will gradually build up?
    Again, if you are very careful and know what you are doing you can put some fertilizer in the soil. However, I am neither careful nor do I know what I am doing so I avoid this. It's not necessary by any means to fertilize any neps. Some people apply some fertilizer to the leaves of neps; but again, this is not necessary for vibrant and beautiful plants. They do just fine with water and the household bugs they will catch. Steer clear of fertilizers if you are worried about doing it wrong, it's not really worth it unless you are a nut, like Clint !

edit: the problem with slow release fertilizers is because, like you said, it builds up and you have no practical way of knowing how much is released. With bog-like CPs that sit in trays of water, the fertilizer has no way to exit the pot so it just sits there and then eventually fries the roots. If you have neps in a pot, it will come out the bottom when the pot drains; but, since yours is obviously not in a pot, it won't ever drain.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throw some in a 16 ounce spray bottle! Eyeball it like me!

Ok, just kidding. This is a "do as I say and not as I do" kind of thing. For now you should be fertilizer free and replace all of that medium. One day you will probably go to the dark side and start fertilizing, and just remember that less is more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never used fertilizer, just curious. Why would you, just toss a cricket in the tank and if they get caught, survival of the fittest, if not the plant will still live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For neps, I actually use a special nep pellet fertilizer I get from a certain on-line nursery.

My ventricosa went from seed to flowering in 2 3/4 years. I'd say that's pretty good.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is really good for flowering

your sig is hilarious btw
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12