Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to know if...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may not be clear from the pictures, but perhaps you discern leaves at various stages of pitcher development:

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life! neon-eon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my belli is doing the exact same thing. I got it a couple months ago...its grown a couple leaves with vines and very tiny brown "hooks" at the end, but i have yet to see any pitchers. I'll post pictures if it starts to pitcher. if you could let me know if yours does anything, that'd be great.
    -No matter what you do with your life, I still care about you. -Mr P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow... your nepenthes looks gigantic against my poor bellii...

But im really optimistic to my bellii, I'm really pleased with the fact she (im not sure if is she or he but sounds better she on my opinion) recover really good from the transport, plus on the same day when the UPS guy deliver the box I was moving to my new home, so the poor spend 2 days on my moms house with no control on moisture or nothing (my mom put it on a plastic bag to keep the moisture)...

I will be patient to my plant, and even i will try to take pictures of the leaves on the process sice the first ones that she get until she get pitchers, so this information can help new people to dont get too worried on the begining and see the signals of healthy leaves ready to develop pitchers.

N. Albomarginata, N. Ampullaria
    N. Bellii, N. Bicalcarata, N. Rafflesiana
    N. Sanguinea (Orange Pitcher), Cephalotus Follicularis

http://www.knology.net/~fus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neon-Eon: Sometimes the brown ones do grow (or they just look brown and are actually dark red). Or the opposite, like on one of my Lowe's ventricosas, it has some green ones that are doing nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get your N. belli from?
    And how was it shipped?
    I know that when I got my N. rafflesiana I was expecting to see a great decline in health and then maybe a pitcher or two like 3-4 months later. Actually after it arived the one small pitcher on it turned orange and died, but it started producing pitchers that same month. So it had a very quick recovery time. That also however might have been because of the way that it was shipped.
    When I recieved it it was in it's pot and had a plastic cup over it. None of the leaves were damaged at all, and it's doing really well for me. However this is really my first lowland nep so I have no information on N. belli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i get my belliii from this place: http://www.***********.com/carnivorousplants.html.

It was well paked, a regular size box, filled with the white foam beans, the plant was on a small pot, cover with a plastic cup... i get if on last days of Jan so it comes with a heat pad to prevent get frozen... on general the plant was really well shiped, and in really good condition, I think to be honest the shok that dry the leaves with the babby pitchers was more for the couple of days spend on the plastic bag on my moms, than really the transport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you know how long the shipping time was? Because one extra day in shipping can do quite a number

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I complete the order on monday, confirm on phone on tuesday... get shiped the wensday and i get it thursday arround 5 pm... then it go out and spend the thursday, friday and saturday on the "bag", I finally get it on the sunday...

My mon call me on friday and she let me know the fact the leaves with the pitchers was getting "hurt" on the bag and, the saturday she call to say it was looking like she was going to get dry, so that is why i think it really she get hurt on the bag more than on the shock to new house or UPS trip, because apart of that leaves its doing really good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast