Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new (supposedly) N. miranda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I moved my newt's tank and hung it where it used to be from the top shelf on the rack. The only problem is I don't have room for what was on the bottom rack anymore (random junk). And my dad stepped on the reddest, biggest, about to inflate pitcher on the plant . All I need now are some new lights (I'm thinking about compact fluorescents to increase my space up there).

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. The ONLY think I don't like about nepenthes is that most of them get big.

Then again they are vines... I can't ask for too much. They make up for it, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exactly what I've been slobbering over at a local garden center. They have three of them and 2 pots have 2 plants in it.

Upon leaving the center the first time, I called Sarracenia NW to get a crash course on Nepenthes Miranda growing to see if it was possible. Jacob answered and told me to put it in a west facing window without cover and let is bask. In the summer I should take it outside since the Ohio heat and humidity should make for a happy plant.

This plant seems to be making the rounds to the garden centers...lucky for us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess I won't need THAT much more lighting since I'm assuming Ohio isn't that much different from Chicago so I'll put it outside in the summer, and have it under 58 watts of fluorescents and a west facing window in the winter, fall, and spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided I want to separate them, so is there any special way to do this or should I just dig it up like most other plants and put it in it's new one? Will the roots from both plants be stuck to each other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some nectarish stuff I think:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abcat1993 View Post
    I've decided I want to separate them, so is there any special way to do this or should I just dig it up like most other plants and put it in it's new one? Will the roots from both plants be stuck to each other?
    Bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump, again, hopefully I'll get some answers by the time I get back from Mehico (how do they spell it?)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast