Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new Globosa/Viking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the adult my plant came from

looks like grade a-b to me, no waist squat pitchers.
    phissionkorps, fast draining means faster drying time, for me at least.
    my mix dries out in 3-4 days, so I just water before then.
    my plant has very paper like leaves, is humidity very important to globosa?
    peace,
    Zero
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it...it looks like a really cute plant. Grade doesn't matter much to me, I just buy what I think is attractive....and hopefully not too expensive.

Was the weather warmer a few days ago? I'm surprised that with that type of weather, the plant wasn't damaged in shipping. I ordered a couple of lowland Neps recently that are coming from up north, and they are on hold due to the weather. It's driving me crazy because my weather is in the 70s...well today we had a cold snap...it's 51 degrees. Patience is not my strong point.
    "The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet."

my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is definitely not a grade A. You can see the hump in the back of the pitchers.
    By fast draining, i mean if you pour some water in, it very quickly will run out the bottom, but the medium will stay wet. Thats why I recommend a mix of peat/perlite/vermiculite/some sort of bark in about a 1:1:1:2 ratio.

I water all my plants every day or every other day, all neps come from an area where they get about 7mm of rain per day, so watering every 4 days or so is unnecessary.

The leaves should not be papery. You should probably move it to higher light if possible.
    Globosa is a lowlander, and yes, humidity is very important. Pretty much everything that applies to bical applies exactly to globosa.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, I don't like to use peat in my nep mixes. I have had odor probs with peat.
    My mix drains fast but retains moisture. the moisture retension is due to the small amount of LFS in the mix. otherwise, it would be like a orchid mix.
    I don't mind that my plant is a grade b-c, it's still nice.
    peace,
    Zero
    SK-8 OR DIE

growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Zero:

I was wondering since you live in a very cold environment for a considerable part of the year, would you be willing to grow an ultrahighlander instead of a lowlander?
    Although, vikings are very resilient to winter they are not almighty. I am very much aware of your set up, so the plant should be fine nevertheless. I am also wondering about your electricity bills?

Gus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12