What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Do all the species of nepenthes flowers stink to high heaven?? My truncata is starting to open its flowers and about 4 or 5 flowers are open already and GAWD do they stink to high heaven! I about gagged when I opened the GH door. I could smell it outside when walking up to it. I didn't know what was stinking at first then I put my nose up to the flower and got a big whiff. DAYM!!!!!! I would hate to smell the stench when the entire spike is open. It smells like a dirty musty smell. Hard to explian. I was just wondering if other species or hybrids smell as bad.

Also I have only gotten one reply about the pollen. I may be contacting him, but it is a ventrata. I was hoping to cross it with another species or optimaly another truncata. I just noticed my ventrata flowering as well, but it is a small spike so I will not need all the pollen for it. So just in case there are others out there that missed the pollen thread in the trade section is there any other female nepenthes blooming???

I think truncata flowers smell of doritos... but thats me.

The flowers of N. x 'Judith Finn' and N. x 'Gentle' did not seem bad at all when they flowered for me. Then again, I also grow A. konjac. :)

Never noticed an odor from this ventrata ???

IMG_0006.jpg

You would know if you actually read ANYTHING posted above. JB has a male truncata in flower....the guy in the link i posted has a female green globosa in flower...do you still not get it?

He did ask if there were any other females blooming.

CIMG0039-1.jpg

That's the picture that Phissionkorps linked. Does anybody have a picture of a female that has its parts fully opened, as my male ventrata has?

I think that hybrid would be boooooring. Seriously booooring. But I do think you should send a little pollen. Have sex with lots of women, not just one :)

I think it'd be cool. It'd look like a super-squat truncata

I have PMs in to the viking owner and some other female flowered plants over at pitcherplant. I forgot all about that board and should have posted there too. Doh I feel so stupid now. I also have a message into ludwig as well. I really do not want to do truncata x ventrata. But others would be great too. Andrew thanks for the link to the pollen exchange I will have to remember that one too. I definately want to find a female truncata one day.

Back