What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of my neps, new dragons and sabre dialup beware

My Truncata just opened a new pitcher today and it is the best I have had so far. I love the persitome. I;m kind of proud of this plant because I'm still fairly new to neps. The leaf discoloration is from a drastic change in enviroment.
pics
new pitcher
TRUNCATAPERSITOME.jpg

TRUNCATAPEPSI.jpg

other older pitcher that's dying, notice how much smaller it is
OLDTRUNCATAWITHPEPSI.jpg

OLDTRUNCATAPERSITOME.jpg

more truncata
VERYCLOSEPERSITOMETRUNCATA.jpg

TRUNCATASIDE.jpg

TRUNCATAFRONT.jpg

peace,
Zero

Some pics of N 'black dragon', 'marbled dragon', and 'sabre'.
I just got the EP plants a couple of days ago. they are not in perfect shape because I repotted them twice, due to not haveing the correct pots when they arrived then a bad storm keeping me from going out to get pots. there is also a N. sanguinea seed grown red that I got a couple of months ago that is just starting to pitcher for me.
pics
N. 'sabre'
SABREWHOLE.jpg

SABRESIDE.jpg

SABREPERSITOME.jpg

SABREFRONT.jpg

N. 'marbled dragon'
MARBLEDDRAGONWHOLE.jpg

MARBLEDDRAGONPITCHER2.jpg

MARBLEDDRAGONPITCHER.jpg

N. 'black dragon'
BLACKDRAGONWHOLE.jpg

N. sanguinea seed grown red
SANGREDWHOLE.jpg

SANGREDPITCHER.jpg

Peace,
Zero

I can see why you are proud. Awesome looking plants.

I like the red sanguinea. Mine was a freebie with an order so it's nothing special. Are you going the have them under lights or window or outside? I have my black dragon under lights so you're in for a real treat when that colors up. Mine has pitchers that are really dark purple to almost black.

Nice plants! Thanks for posting them.

I have my black dragon under lights so you're in for a real treat when that colors up. Mine has pitchers that are really dark purple to almost black.

Mine too! The pitchers are really hardy, too. I have a pitcher on every leaf (starting it's sixth) that is still around since I sacrificed all the ones damaged in shipping.

I love the persitome.

Me too! Your is mighty fierce! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

xvart.

You're going to love the Sabre when that thing starts growing out. Trust me on that one. The uppers should be quite stunning.

Joel

Now I want a Truncata. Thanks for the pics!

How long do your pitchers last on Sabre? Mine seem to die away pretty quickly

Wow I love the truncata! :) (mine's just starting to get some color on it's peristome)

How old is it?

Awesome pics

-Gabe

I have had the Truncata for about a year. It grows slow for me.
The 2 pitchers in my post are the first adult looking ones I have had.
I don't know where I'll put the plant when it grows up as they get kinda huge:)
peace,
Zero

Great stuff there! Lose the soda cans for even better photos! :banana2:

What did you use for the background?

And what exactly IS x sabre? I know EP won't divulge its parentage, but now that everyone's plants are getting larger, I'm wondering if anyone has figured it out yet. A particularly pretty ventricosa x TM, mayhaps?

JMurphy, why are freebies "nothing special"? Some of my most treasured plants were freebies!

Hans Breuer, the background is the least shiny black fabric I could find at walmart. The soda can is kinda an eyesore, but I wanted something for scale.
iirc the general opinion is that sabre is a ventricosa x TM x ?. Mine is one of a couple of differn't clones exotica plants recently released.
Peace,
Zero

Back