Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few photos for May

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few photos for May

Hey All,

Posted a few new photos of some plants for May. I can't say enough so far about the improvement using a seaweed based fertilizer at about 1/2 to 1/3 strength. Lots of growth and new pitchers for my abused Neps outdoors. That stuff is working wonders. Even the weeds love it!! Here's the usual URL http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com

Enjoy,

Joel

The ignorance of man stains the land! Victoria's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pics! I always enjoy going to your site to check out the pics, thanks for sharing.
    They are slowly and painfully killing you.....did you know that?

How brainwashed are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Victoria. I think I'll have much better stuff in a month or so. As long as the weather stays pretty predictable, the plants should be alright.

J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pix and really interesting site. I was wondering what part of the country you lived in though. I'm within view of the ocean (and the bay, for that matter) in SF and it looks like I should be able to grow some of the hardier nepenthes outside. Not sure though. Wondering if your climate is at all comparable.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says he lives in southern cali.
    Capslock has an open-air growrack in SF. You should talk to him. He's got GREAT plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info JLAP! I grow virtually everything outdoors and have had fairly good luck so far, but have never tried Nepenthes outside. I just bought a good sized N. sanguinea (sp?) and a small N. maxima that seem to be doing great indoors. If I can get them (or some other Nepethes) outside though, they'd get a lot more light. I might just have to experiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome
    strange looking fusca though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    San Francisco area should be fine most of the year except for winter times. It may get a little colder there than in Southern California. But you are near the coast so that may help a bit. I would imagine that the plants I'm having success with you should as well. Typical highland temperatures will work for a lot of plants. Try a few tough hybrids or species and see what happens.

J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast