What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my Judith Finn dying?

Hmmm....You should keep it more humid, in like a tank. It's not all lost...

negative...looks to be some type of rot :( pity. if its the same clone as on the tag its a gorgeous plant when it gets older. mine gets better and better with each new leaf :D
Alex

I've only had the 'lil Sang for two weeks too.

It did appear fairly stressed when I received it.

It may have come in with some disese, I'm not too sure. I emailed the nursury but they said it was fine when sent it off. So, I dunno.......

I gently spray all my neps 3-4 times a day. And the average humidity in my growrack is about 60% I'd say. A little higher at night 'cause the fan doesn't blow thru the rack then.

I'm gonna try covering it with a clear plastic dome to increase humidity directly. It couldn't hurt... ???

speaking of judith finn, I just found this new pitcher a few days ago when disassembling my chamber in order to clean the carpets:

DCP_1731.jpg

6" tall. Not too shabby...

My little Sang is kaput.

Sad, very sad...... :down:

dead_sang.jpg

sorry man! its a day to mourn. :( but well..I hope you learnt what might have caused its death. Atleast it might help u improve techniques with your next plants. :)

Yeah man sorry to hear about your loss.

Here’s an update:

The once sickly N. Judith Finn from a Lowe’s cube’o death is doing quite nicely.

It’s freely producing 5” pitchers and about 6 at a time.

Give a CP it proper soil, water and light requirements and it will respond…
thumbs_up.gif

healthyNJudy.jpg

Back