Some quick questions about Neps that I’ve never seen addressed in CP books nor found on the Net…….
• Do all new healthy and able leaves produce pitchers?
• What are upper and lower pitchers?
• How long do pitchers “live”? Or how long are they functional for capturing prey?
• When a pitcher dries up and dies, does it naturally fall off?
• Should a grower clip off a defunct pitcher?
• What causes a pitcher to die away? Age?
• Will a Nep leaf continue to produce pitchers throughout its existence? Or is a single pitcher all that there is for a leaf??
I’m sure that there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to all the various Nep subspecies, but what are the generalities concerning the life of a pitcher? In the wild and in cultivation...