Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N. muluensis x lowii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...i dont really know the humidity for it and the other 2 neps are at least 70-80 they are in a bag with holes in the top. im getting temperature soon...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all:

Muluensis X lowii is a superb hybrid. Usually muluensis tends to be a very tricky species to grow since it requires true highland conditions to grow the way it's supposed to!. But this hybrid makes possible for most beginners who live in temperate climates to grow this amazing plant.

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how hardy is it for you Gus? what about speed?
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muluensis x lowii is a trooper! But a slow one at that. I get 1 new leaf every 3 - 4 weeks. And some heat stress ever since the pitchering started. But still... a trooper nevertheless. It thrives while my ramispina is threatening to croak on me.

It just sits on top of my PC in my bedroom. It's actually very convenient. When I find stray flying insects milling around on my table, I can dispose of them straight into the pitcher and feel pleased that nothing is wasted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice! how long does it take for pitchers to inflate?
    Alex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there:

well, they do OK at high temperatures during the day, but they do like their cool nights and decent humidity levels. It's slow but rewarding

Gus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 pitchers simultaneously inflating at any one time on mine. So, I'd say it's slow. And it takes over a month to go from green to black pitcher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one that I got in the NASC auction 2 years ago. It's first pitcher just opened. This is one sloooow growing plant for me. It grows along with my other highlanders outside and they are all popping out new pitchers and flower stalks but this Muluensis x lowii is real slooow.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast