What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few Early Summer Nepenthes

Too dang hot and humid 'round these parts, and I'm too blah to post them here all over again.

So go look for yerseff:

Set One

Set Two

Thankyekindly.

As usual, you do a great job of cultivatin... almost as good as that Twoton dude!

Thanks, Jim. Yeah, that Twoton dude sure is a pain in the keister. Lives right next door and drives me nuts with his wiseass cultivation tips he hollers across the fence whenever I'm in sight. I swear, one of these days I'm gonna march right over and kick his fat, arrogant German rump all the way to Sarawak....

Then again, I love visiting his awesome greenhouse :boogie:

Reminds me of Wilson Wilson, from Home Improvement.

can u pls show a pic of your rajah? :)

i love your neps man! N. thorelli is such a bland plant to me...however just about every hybrid with it is startling!!
Alex

Congradulations on being able to grow Nepenthes.

Wish I could.

Beautiful, bravo.

Thanks for the nice compliments, fellers.

Glider: thorelii bland? Check out this one. The washed out colors in this bad picture don't do the plant justice, the pitchers are almost all a deep, rich burgundy.

vraev: I'll go up later and see how that rajah pitcher is doing.

NeciFIX: what, they don't sell fishtanks in Wisconsin? :) Seriously, everybody can grow neps, just check out that forum member from Alaska. An empty aquarium, two or three lights, and off you go. Space is not an obstacle either: there's many small-growing species.

I don't even really bother about a pitcher. I just want to see the plant growth especially since you can grow neps really well. :)

I guess I would be happy if my neps even start making leaves...let alone pitchers....although...I have enough humidity to stimulate the pitcher growth as the other 2 are doing great.

Oooops....thanks, but too much credit there, vraev! N. rajah is one of the few neps that don't do well in my greenhouse at all. Or at least the four or five I've killed so far didn't. This one might be more hopeful :)

well...it should be better than mine as mine is still stalled after the potting and new conditions and all. :p

Back